Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I thank God every time I remember you.

My church is starting a new, 8 week series called "e-la-tion." It's a journey through the Book of Philippians, which is called the Apostle Paul's 'masterpiece of encouragement.' Every weekend, the message will be based upon Philippians (which is only four chapters long). During the week, small groups and online forums will take part in discussion groups, delving deeper into the previous weekend's message.


Last weekend was the kickoff for this series, and John didn't pull any punches - he laid out groundwork for getting elation in your life. There was a lot of information, and my notes (which I don't usually take) are covered in frantically scribbled quotes. The four main points are: 1) focus on the good in people, 2) practice positive praying, 3) be patient with people, and 4) love from the heart.


I left church on Saturday night feeling inspired and ready to do something different. I just finished reading Philippians, and completed the Week One Discussion Questions from the website. I haven't felt God pulling at my heart like this in months. I am excited and terrified of what the next two months are going to bring. I didn't know how to label this. I decided 'party-shoes' seemed most appropriate.


http://www.crossroadscolorado.com/elation


No comments:

Post a Comment