Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Wow. This summer was insane. Lots of fun, but still crazy - I'm somewhat relieved that it's over.

We went on a bunch of cool trips between May and July: Disney World, several camping trips, a week-long camping tour of southwestern Colorado, and Comic-Con in San Diego. For the first time in a few years, I found myself without my laptop+Internet connection for days on end...and I was able to let go of my need to control everything, and actually enjoy relaxing time with my family and friends. It was incredible! [I will get around to blogging about some of these trips...eventually.]

Now that fall is near, school has started for two of my three guys - kindergarten for my oldest kiddo, and second-to-last semester for my hard-working hubby. In a couple of weeks, my baby will start preschool, and I'll be the only one in the house not in school. I get to manage the Family Schedule, chauffer to school/lessons/practice, and maintain our casa. Oh, and work three days a week at my new, totally amazing job at Crossroads Church...and, well, whatever else comes up for us over the next year.

It's going to be a crazy fall, full of changes and new adventures, but we're ready. I think. After I throw in another load of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment