Monday, October 11, 2010

You aren't eating what?! Part 2

I've never been one to buy into the "what you eat affects your complexion" theory. I really just don't like to be told that cheeseburgers, chocolate and soda are bad for me. Sure, they make you fat and unhealthy, but they don't make you break out! Don't make me give up my beloved soda!

Here's the thing, though. Lately, soda hasn't even tasted that good. Neither have cheeseburgers. (Chocolate will always be good.) And I've noticed that burgers are on the list of foods that make my tummy hurt really bad. Plus, whenever I smell meat, raw or cooked, revulsion rises. Also, I've been more open to changing our diet since watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution last fall. So, I read the info on the sites with an open mind, and the sites lead me to a curious possibility: could food really be the root of all my physical problems? More importantly, could removing certain foods help me?

Here's what I learned: the acne, the bloating, the stomachaches, the fatigue, the daily headaches, the tingly hands and feet, the irritability, the chronic sinusitis, and the 'lady-parts' problems are all thought to be symptoms of a person with gluten intolerance. Most of these issues have been part of my life for as long as I can remember - in other words, living with pain of some sort has been normal for me. Apparently, it's not normal for everyone. Huh...who knew? So, now that the idea had been planted, what would I do?

...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment