Monday, October 11, 2010

You aren't eating what?! Part 1

I've had issues with my stomach for years. While I love food, I hate the way it makes me feel. My stomach hurts, I'm bloated, and I feel like a giant slug. There are other issues, but I'm not sharing them on the Internets. Since this was the way I'd been living for literally years, I figured this was normal - doesn't everyone's stomach hurt when they eat? The past few months, my issues have been worsening to the point at which I basically stopped eating until I knew I'd be at home for the rest of the day/night and could slip into something more comfortable. Namely, sweatpants with a stretchy waistband. Hot, I know.

So, the tummy-thing wasn't really worth looking into, but I had to do something about my acne. Seriously, my complexion is worse now than it was when I was in the throes of puberty - unfair! Now that I'm getting fine lines and the occasional gray hair, it seems only fair that the need for salicylic acid is in my past, right? Unfortunately, my face hasn't gotten the memo, so I started researching cures online.

As most searches go, my "acne cures" search branched out to all kinds of different sites. Pills, creams, skincare systems, natural cures, and changes to the diet are the main categories of "cures". I tend to avoid medication, since most cause more problems than they fix. I've tried all of the creams, and most of the systems; I don't have the resources to pay $50 on face wash. I thought about rubbing a clove of garlic on my face, but ixnayed it as soon as I remembered how long it takes to get the garlic smell off my hands when I cook. So, I spent some time checking out the diet-angle.

...to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment